just show your house, show it off!
You don't get a second chance
make a good impression!
carefully mowed, edged, fertilized and watered.
- Trimmed trees and shrubs, flower beds edged, weeded and cultivated.
- Driveways and walks free of snow or grass clippings.
- Exterior house paint in good condition and clean, especially the
- All door locks open properly and easily.
- Roof in good condition.
- Screens and screen doors repaired.
- All exterior lighting in working condition, with fresh bulbs.
- Absence of clutter in yard and driveway.
- Walls clean and unmarked preferably freshly painted with neutral
- Windows clean inside and out.
- All light fixtures working and fresh bulbs in each.
- Plumbing in good repair.
- No cooking, smoking, pet or other objectionable odors.
- Sinks and tubs stain-free; faucets in good repair.
- Caulking in tubs and showers in good repair.
- Kitchen and baths sparkling clean; no clutter on counter-tops.
- All clutter removed from closets, attic, basement, garage and other
- Ask us what should be boxed up to give your home a more spacious
During showings ...
- Open draperies and curtains.
- Turn on enough lights to brighten every corner, day and night.
- Remove dirty dishes.
- Make beds.
- Noise is distracting. Be sure TV and radios are turned off,
although soft back-ground music is acceptable.
- It's best to keep pets out of the house. Even the friendliest pets
become anxious when strangers appear.
- Put away valuables such as jewelry and cash, or remove completely.
- Never enter into conversation with a prospect. Let the Realtor
who is showing your home answer any questions the prospective buyers
may have. It is best you leave while the house is being shown.
- If prospective buyers come by unexpectedly without a broker, get
their name and phone number. FOR YOUR OWN PROTECTION, DO NOT SHOW THE
HOME. Have unescorted buyers call us for an appiontment. Your
cooperation will be appreciated and will help us close the sale more
Inside this issue:
Credit Reports Likely
Under Next Version of Law
Senate favors making permanent the national credit standard that
makes it easier for borrowers to obtain mortgages, loans, and credit
are urging consumers to make sure their homeowners' insurance
coverage is sufficient."
Need to Have Goals for Successful Investing in Real Estate
estate has been one of the primary sources for investors to place
their money for the last thousand years."
the Mouse Out of
21 million U.S. homes are invaded by mice each year."